This week I chat with Japanese wellness blogger, Kaki Okumura. Kaki shares her story of growing up between the US and Japan and how each culture has informed her approach to health and wellbeing.
Kaki is an astute observer of culture and she articulates for us why Japan has the lowest obesity rates of the OECD countries. Spoiler alert – the Japanese are not all following a popular diet! Their health comes from a culture of respect for food, traditions around the way food is prepared, presented and eaten, the latter informed by harahachi-bunme. We discuss Kaki’s philosophy about how to use Japanese principles to live a longer and happier life which she writes about beautifully in her blog, Kakikata, and so much more. I hope you enjoy this episode with Kaki.
LINKS MENTIONED IN THE EPISODE
Kakikata, Japanese Wellness Blog: https://kakikata.space
Kaki’s cooking videos: https://kakikata.space
Kaki Okumura’s page on Medium: https://kokumura.medium.com
Michael Anthony of Gramercy Tavern: https://www.gramercytavern.com/team-member/chef-michael-anthony/
Simon Sinek: https://simonsinek.com
HOW YOU CAN SUPPORT THE PODCAST
- Please tell your friends about the podcast and share it with them.
- Follow me on Instagram @amanda_wellbeing_podcast
- Follow my Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/amandaswellbeingpodcast/?modal=admin_todo_tour
- If you could rate and review the podcast on iTunes, that would be super helpful.
- Purchasing a book from my website is an easy way to support the podcast too. Here is a link to the books page: https://amandaswellbeingpodcast.com/books/
- Link to the Donate page on my website: https://amandaswellbeingpodcast.com/contribute/