In this episode I welcome back Lara Casanova to discuss her most recent book, “Loss, Love and Lessons: Healing pet loss and grief”. Lara is well placed to discuss this topic as a professional counsellor specialising in grief and loss, a yoga teacher, life coach and, of course, an animal lover. Pet loss is a form of disenfranchised grief which means it is often underplayed or dismissed by society yet it is very real, as all pet lovers know. Lara talks about how to navigate this sad time in our lives; her book provides very practical tips to help us walk through the grief and ultimately come out the other side appreciative of the lessons our pets have taught us.
Lara also shares with us some beautiful tips for self-care and self love, another important part of anyone’s journey through grief.
MENTIONED IN THE PODCAST
My previous episode with Lara: https://media.whooshkaa.com/show/5757/episode/390150.mp3
Dr Katrina Warren: @drkatrina
Talking Stones: https://talkingstones.com.au
Animal Welfare League pet cremations: https://awl.org.au/pet-cremations/
HOW YOU CAN SUPPORT THE PODCAST
- Please tell your friends about the podcast and share it with them.
- Follow me on Instagram @vibrant_lives_podcast
- Follow my Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/amandaswellbeingpodcast
- If you could rate and review the podcast on iTunes, that would be super helpful.
- If you would like to support my podcast, you can purchase a book from the Books Reviews page on my website, or vist the Donate page.