This is the last of my four part series all about the huge and fascinating topic of protein. In this episode I discuss how protein intake changes as we age. Ageing is associated with loss of muscle mass and strength which can impact our quality of life. To help attenuate this, we need to consume adequate protein as we age but at the same time overall energy requirements and often also appetite declines so it can be a conundrum. Finally, I briefly discuss the import role of protein in wound healing.
Other Five Minute Food Facts episodes mentioned in the podcast:
Protein overview: https://amandaswellbeingpodcast.com/protein/
Protein and athletes: https://amandaswellbeingpodcast.com/five-minute-food-facts-protein-intake-athletes/
Protein and vegetarians: https://amandaswellbeingpodcast.com/protein-for-vegetarians-and-vegans/
HOW YOU CAN SUPPORT THE PODCAST
- Please tell your friends about the podcast and share it with them.
- Follow me on Instagram @amanda_wellbeing_podcast
- Follow my Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/amandaswellbeingpodcast/?modal=admin_todo_tour
- If you could rate and review the podcast on iTunes, that would be super helpful.
- Purchasing a book from my website is an easy way to support the podcast too. Here is a link to the books page: https://amandaswellbeingpodcast.com/books/
- Link to the Donate page on my website: https://amandaswellbeingpodcast.com/contribute/